Radnor Township is served by the 3 Fire Companies:
History of the Radnor Fire Company
The Radnor Fire Company (RFC) was founded in 1906, and is located at 121 South Wayne Avenue in downtown Wayne. RFC protects the largest fire district in the township, while the ambulance service covers the entire area. RFC also responds to what is commonly referred to as the "Panhandle" in Tredyffrin Township, with Chester County as the primary Fire / EMS provider.
In 2011, under the direction of Chief Michael Maguire, RFC responded to 890 calls for fire-related service and 2,474 calls for ambulance service. 68 volunteers and 9 full-time employees handled these incidents with a fleet of:
- 3 modern fire engines
- 100 foot ladder truck
- Rescue truck
- Special services trailer
- 3 advanced life support (ALS) ambulances
- 2 emergency response support vehicles
Advanced Life Support Services
RFC enhanced its service to the community on August 1, 2011 by beginning to provide Advanced Life Support (ALS) service. The Emergency Medical Services program has existed since 1947, and has seen its busiest call volume in history during 2011 and 2012.
In 2013, RFC will be replacing its 1996 E-One Pumper and will also be focusing its efforts on recruiting volunteers to serve as Firefighters and EMTs. The generosity of residents and businesses in Radnor and Tredyffrin continue to play a vital role in keeping fire company operations running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Become a Volunteer
Contact the Radnor Fire Company Recruitment Committee at 610-687-3245, ext. 10. If you're still undecided, watch the Radnor Fire Company Recruitment Video.
Tax-deductible contributions may be made to:
The Radnor Fire Company
P. O. Box 485
Wayne, PA 19087