Shade Tree Commission meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of each month (5th Wednesday in November) at 6:30pm in the Radnorshire Room of the Township Building, 301 Iven Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087
Meetings are televised on Radnor Cable Channel 5 and Verizon FiOS Channel 30, and can be watched on the Radnor Township YouTube Channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Plans for Shade Tree Agendas are required to be submitted no less than ten (10) days prior to the meeting date. Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Shade Tree Commission consists of 5 members, plus 1 representative from Parks and Recreation Board and Planning Commission serving 5 year terms. Your Shade Tree Commission members are:
- Seth Reeser, Chair
- Matthew Golas, Planning Commission Representative
- Vacancy, Parks & Recreation Board Representative
- Virginia Hart
- James Gibbons, Vice Chair
- Eileen Brett
- Frank Perras
The Shade Tree Commission (STC) is responsible for the protection and preservation of the Township’s tree canopy. The STC reviews subdivision plans and other building applications for compliance with the Township’s Shade Tree Ordinance and for recommending appropriate modifications thereto. The STC is also responsible for establishing and maintaining a Master Shade Tree Plan with a long-term guide for the planting of trees throughout the Township. Thanks in part to the efforts of the STC, Radnor has been designated as a Tree City, USA
Regulations on Tree Removal
- No more than five (5) trees can be removed during a calendar year under 30” diameter at breast height (DBH) without a clearing permit and appearing before the STC
- No tree 30” or greater (Heritage Tree) can be removed without a clearing permit and appearing before the STC
- If any Heritage Tree is deemed hazardous a Hazardous Tree Removal Form shall be submitted from a state licensed arborist with the proper documentation (i.e. photos of hazardous conditions) for determination and approval of its removal.
- Tree companies are required to be registered with the Township
- No trees in a commercial district can be removed without first obtaining a clearing permit and appearing before the STC
- All subdivision, land development and grading projects require Clearing Permits and review by the STC.
Permits and Forms
- Clearing Permit Application
- Shade Tree Commission Checklist
- Hazardous Tree Removal Report Form
- Shade Tree Commission - Recommended Trees List
- Tree Protection Fence Detail