- 4th Thursday of each month January - October
- First Tuesday after Thanksgiving for a combined November / December meeting
- Radnorshire Room of the Township Building
301 Iven Avenue
Wayne PA 19087
The meetings are televised live on Comcast Cable Channel 5 and Verizon FiOS Channel 30 and can be replayed on the Township YouTube Channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Margaret Reinhart (Chairperson)
- Donnelle Jageman MHA
- Raymond Adams
- Lisa Hallowell
- Daniel Burnham
- 2 Vacancies
About the Council
Established in 1997 as the Environmental Advisory Committee and a subcommittee of the Board of Health, the EAC was renamed to the Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) and restructured into a stand-alone advisory council by the Board of Commissioners on March 10, 2008.
The Environmental Advisory Council serves as a clearinghouse for issues of any environmental nature. The EAC recommends plans and programs to the appropriate Township agencies for identification and resolution of environmental problems.
The EAC is also charged with the task of environmental education and awareness for the community. The EAC sees one of its major roles as "educator' to provide the citizens with useful information that will help to maintain and improve the environment in which we all live. The council also encourages voluntary programs through community participation.
EAC Annual Reports
- 2010 Environmental Advisory Council Annual Report
- 2011 Environmental Advisory Council Annual Report
- 2012 Environmental Advisory Council Annual Report
- 2019 Environmental Advisory Council Annual Report
- 2020 Environmental Advisory Council Annual Report
EAC Programs, Presentations & Information
Single Use Plastic Bag Ordinance
The Radnor Township Environmental Advisory Council received direction from the Board of Commissioners to work on a proposed ordinance eliminating single-use plastic shopping bags. The EAC presented this ordinance during their March 24, 2022 meeting where residents and businesses were invited to attend and to provide input.
The Single Use Plastic Bag Ordinance (Ordinance 2022-11) was adopted by the Radnor Township Board of Commissioners on August 15, 2022 (effective September 15, 2022).
In pursuing its charge of promoting community environmental education and awareness, the EAC created "Green Radnor", which provides a single point of entry for citizens interested in environmental and sustainability information.
The Sustainability Series: Issues in Sustainable Living and Growth in Radnor Township
- Green Building 101
- Alternative, Renewable Energy Sources: Transforming our Energy Economy
- Greening Your Own Home: What You as a Resident Can Do, Resources for the Homeowner
- Discovering Your Carbon Footprint and How to Tread More Lightly
- Conservation Development: Lightening the Footprint of Growth
- We All Live Downstream
- Bringing Green Energy Home
- Electric Cars and Their Infrastructure
In 2010, Radnor Township became a promotional partner in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense Program. This program encourages and promotes water efficiency and conservation through the use of WaterSense labeled products. Click here for more information.
Waste & Recycling Presentations
- Solid Waste Collection Costs - Presented by Aimee Cuthbertso, Director of Finance, to the EAC on April 23, 2009
- Solid Waste and Recycling (Guidelines, Process, and Totals) - Presented by Bill Hagan, Director of Public Works, and Peggy Hagan, Recycling Coordinator, to the EAC on April 23, 2009
- Reducing Household Waste - Presented by Heather Reilly to the EAC on April 23, 2009
- Composting Presentation - Presented by Diane Mizer to the EAC on March 26, 2009
- How to Make Compost and Composting Bins
- Additional Composting Information
- Public Stormwater Forum - Weathering the Storms in Radnor Township: Understanding Our Stormwater Issues and Creating Sustainable Solutions - October 23, 2008
- Rain Barrels 101: The How's and Why's - Presented by Daniel Malloy,Township Engineer, to the EAC on May 28, 2009
- Radnor's Stormwater and Wastewater System: Protecting Public Health and the Environment - Presented by Bryan McCarthy, Associate Engineer, to the EAC on May 28, 2009
- Radnor's Stormwater Management Page: Ways to help limit Stormwater Runoff Volume
Energy Audit / Climate Change
- Resolution 2012-90 Supporting the Greenhouse Gas Action Plan - Approved by the Board of Commissioners on August 20, 2012.
- Greenhouse Gas Action Plan - Presented to the Board of Commissioners on July 16, 2012.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Report
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Presentation - Presented to the Board of Commissioners on January 25, 2010.
- Resolution 2007-24 - Endorsement of the U.S. Mayors' Climate Protection Agreement and development of energy reduction action plan
- ICLEI Website
Green Building - Design, Renovation, Operation & Maintenance
- Sustainability Series Kick Off Meeting - Green Building 101 - January 29, 2009
Community Environmental Education
- Township Recycling Information
- Township Composting Information
- Township Yard Waste Program
- Environmental and Nature Recreation Schedule
- 21 Things You Didn't Know You Can Recycle
Practical Energy Solutions
Monitoring & Sharing Environmental News
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Pennsylvania Department of Protection
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council
- Pennsylvania Center for Environmental Education
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Delaware County Conservation District
- Radnor Conservancy
Select Township Environmental Ordinances
Below is a listing of select environmental provisions in the Municipal Code of Radnor Township. This listing is not intended to reflect a comprehensive identification of all environmental provisions, but a simply a representative selection of provisions.
- Air Pollution Control - Chapter 98
- Building Energy Conservation - Chapter 129
- Clearing and Grading
- Clearing - Chapter 144
- Grading, Excavation, and Fills - Chapter 175
- Energy Conservation - Chapter 158
- Littering - Chapter 190
- Noise - Chapter 200
- Pest Control - Chapter 214
- Sanitation - Chapter 230
- Sewers - Chapter 235
- Solid Waste and Recycling - Chapter 240
- Stormwater Management - Chapter 245
- Trees - Chapter 263
- Zoning - Chapter 280
- Floodplain Conservation District - Chapter 280, Article XVII
- Riparian Buffers - Chapter 280-89
Community Sustainability Presentations
- Villanova University Sustainability Initiatives - Presentation by John Cacciola to the EAC on March 27, 2008
Streambank Restoration Project
WRAP Grant Project
On June 5th and 6th, 1999, members of the Environmental Advisory Committee residents of the township and volunteers participated in the stream bank restoration of a portion of Little Darby Creek at The Willows. This project was possible after the Environmental Advisory Committee applied for and received the Watershed Restoration and Assistance Program Grant from the Department of Environmental Protection.