The Business Privilege Tax (BPT) is a business gross receipts tax levied by Radnor Township for the Privilege of doing business in Radnor. For purposes of the BPT, business is defined as all businesses, trades, occupations and professions which offer any kind of service.
The BPT applies to the gross receipts of all businesses and persons engaged in business in Radnor Township except those of businesses subject to the Mercantile Tax or businesses that fall under the manufacturing or other allowable exclusions or that are subject to gross receipts taxes for services rendered under certain conditions in other municipalities.
Businesses subject to the BPT are required to pay a tax to Radnor Township each year equal to 3 mills, or $3 for every $1,000 in gross receipts (the 1st $25,000 in gross receipts are exempt). In addition, each business must pay an annual $10 business license fee, which appears on the return and paid with the return.
Tax returns are typically required to be filed with the Township's Finance Department by May 15th of each year. In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, the Board of Commissioners of Radnor Township, in an effort to support our business community, passed Resolution 2020-52 authorizing the following:
- Deadline for filing and paying your business taxes for 2020 was extended to September 15, 2020.
- Required estimated tax payment for 2020 was based on no less than 50% of your prior year taxable receipts.
Returns & Regulations
- 2022 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 5/16/2022)
- 2022 Business Privilege Tax Application for Extension (Due 5/16/2022)** (See Below)
- 2021 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 5/17/2021)
- 2020 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 9/15/2020)* (See Below)
- 2019 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 5/15/2019)
- 2018 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 5/15/2018)
- 2017 Business Privilege Tax Return (Due 5/15/2017)
- New Business License Registration** (See Below)
- Ordinance for Business Privilege Tax - Chapter 260 Taxation
- Regulations for Business Privilege and Mercantile Taxes (Revised 1/1/2020)
- Local Taxpayers Bill of Rights for Business Privilege and Mercantile Taxes (Revised 6/8/2016)
- Petition for Administrative Appeal for Business Privilege and Mercantile Taxes (Revised 6/8/2016)
- Taxpayer Request for Tax Determination
*Covid Year 2020 Return:
- Line 5 Estimate is 50% of 2019 Gross Receipts of Business.
- Line 10 and Line 11 - Penalty and Interest calculation starts as of September 15, 2020.
**This form may not work in all web browsers. If you experience problems try opening this form using Adobe Reader. This form can be printed blank and completed manually.
New Mailing Address
Radnor Township has closed the post office box previously used to receive Business Tax returns and correspondences. Please do not send returns and payments to a post office box.
Correspondences for Business Privilege Tax and Mercantile Tax must be sent to:
Attn: Business Tax Office
301 Iven Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087