The Information Technology department is responsible for overseeing the township's computer, website, cable government access channel, telecommunications, and other information systems and technology-related operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The department's duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- To develop and maintain the township's computerized hardware and software, and telecommunications systems
- To serve as administrator of township computer networks
- To maintain the integrity data flowing through township information systems
- To train township employees and members of boards and commissions in the operation of computer systems
- To develop in consultation with various stakeholders a long-range information technology plan for the township organization and the community as a whole
- To provide an annual report to the Board of Commissioners on the department's accomplishments and on the evolving technological needs and capabilities of the township and its residents
- IT Department services, maintains, and provides hardware and software support for over 110 computers in the Administrative and Public Works buildings and Police vehicles.
- The IT Department maintains secured databases for the Police, Finance, Community Development, Engineering, and Administration departments.
- The IT Department maintains the Township's email system.
- The IT Department maintains all computer-controlled functions of the new township Municipal Building, including the:
- HVAC system
- Lighting system
- Generator and uninterruptible energy source systems